The CS-88A DSLR-Video Shotgun Microphone from Polsen is designed for recording live audio directly to your DSLR camera. Its back-electret condenser capsule, wide frequency response, flexible gain control, and shotgun design can be used for recording dialog and interviews both outdoors and indoors from a variety of distances. With its cardioid polar pattern, the CS-88A is optimized to focus on the subject while rejecting off-axis sound making it great for ENG, film, broadcast, and more.
The CS-88A attaches to your camera's shoe mount or to a boom pole and plugs into the camera's audio input jack to deliver natural, professional-quality sound. The integrated shock mount isolates the microphone from vibrations caused by your camera or boom pole to minimize handling noise, thereby improving your recordings. This microphone is built with a three-level gain switch that provides a +10 dB boost, 0 dB unity gain, or -10 dB pad to prevent distortion from audio overload. Furthermore, the mic features a switchable high-pass filter at 60 Hz to roll off unwanted low-frequency noise and rumble.
The CS-88A DSLR-Video Shotgun Microphone runs on a single AA battery and is equipped with a power indicator LED that glows green when the mic's on/off switch is turned on. For your convenience, the indicator LED glows red when it's time to change the battery. The mic comes with a foam windscreen that helps reduce wind noise and a drawstring carry pouch for safe storage and transport.
- Professional-quality sound recording for DSLR or camcorder
- Back-electret condenser shotgun microphone with cardioid polar pattern optimized to focus on the subject in front of the camera and reject off-axis sound
- Compact, lightweight design
- Integrated shock mount isolates the microphone from vibrations caused by your camera or boom pole
- The three-level gain switch provides a +10 dB boost, 0 dB unity gain, or -10 dB pad
- On/off switch and power LED indicator that glows green when the CS-88 turns on and red when it's time to change the battery
- Metal shoe mount mounting adapter with a 3/8" threaded socket lets you mount the CS-88A on a camera or boom pole
- 3.5mm audio connection plugs into your DSLR's audio input jack to record live audio directly into your camera
- Includes foam windscreen that helps reduce noise caused by wind or drafts from air conditioners
- Includes drawstring carry pouch for safe storage and transport