A Digital Signal 3 (DS3) is a digital signal level 3 T-carrier. It may also be referred to as a T3 line.
- The data rate for this type of signal is 44.736 Mbit/s (45 Mb).
- DS3 uses 75ohm coaxial cable and BNC connectors.
- This level of carrier can transport 28 DS1 level signals within its payload.
- This level of carrier can transport 672 DS0 level channels within its payload.
- Such circuits are the usual kind between telephony carriers, both wired and wireless, and typically by OC1 optical connections.