Eurosport is a pan-European television sports network, owned and operated by Discovery, Inc. Discovery took a 20 percent minority interest share in December 2012, and became the majority shareholder in the Eurosport venture with TF1 in January 2014, taking a 51 percent share of the company. On 22 July 2015 Discovery agreed to acquire TF1's remaining 49 percent stake in the venture.
Eurosport owns a wide range of rights across many sports but generally does not bid for premium priced rights such as those to major football leagues. However, in 2015 it was awarded rights to broadcast the Olympic Games from 2018 for most of Europe and 2022 for the UK and France in a deal worth €1.3 billion (£922 million). It transmits much of the same footage across many markets, using unseen commentators rather than on-screen presenters so that the same visual feed may be broadcast in multiple languages while holding down production costs.