Stencil is a subscription-based service that allows editors to quickly create and schedule social media resources directly from their browser. The Stencil service does not have a free tier: only paying subscribers can create and download content. Here's how to create a thumbnail for your YouTube video using Stencil.
- From the Stencil editor, click below the bottom-left edge of the canvas and adjust the canvas size
- Select the standard YouTube standard size from the list.
- Click Templates in the sidebar menu, type thumbnail in the search box, and select the best-suited design to start with.
- Add and adjust text and graphic elements as needed.
- Click the Save button, then click the Download button and save to retrieve your thumbnail.